Creating delay tasks#
Delayed-type tasks represent milestones or critical events during a deployment. With delayed tasks, you can ensure that important tasks start at the expected time. Typically, delayed tasks are prerequisites for other important tasks.
A delayed task starts as soon as it is eligible to run, and it finishes at a user-specified time. A started delayed-type task has a status of `In Progress` until it reaches its planned-for time, when it then changes its status to `Complete`. When a delayed tasks completes, auto tasks that are dependent on it start running.
Complete the following tasks to create a delayed task:
- On the Deployment plan detail page, click Create Task. If you want to insert a task at a specific position in the plan, select a task before using the Create Task. The new task is inserted above the selected task.
- On the Create Task dialog box, in the Type list, select Delayed.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the task.
- In the Delay type field, select the method used to determine the length of the delay. If you select **Delay by selecting a time and time zone**, use the **Time** and **Time Zone** fields to specify when the task will complete. Otherwise, enter a property name in the **Delay property** field. The property value can be set at run-time when the deployment starts. [See the Properties reference for information about properties](/docs/services/UCCR/UCCR_property_ref.html#property_overview)
- Click Save. The task is inserted into the deployment plan.
Parent topic: Tasks