Create a pipeline to use external tools and systems in your software releases.
Before you can use applications in pipelines, configure integrations with external tools. Integrate with UrbanCode Deploy to run UrbanCode Applications with your pipelines.
Configure an integration with Jenkins to run Jenkins jobs with your pipeline.
The applications that are available to a pipeline depend on the team that is assigned to the pipeline. The applications that are managed by the team in UrbanCode Deploy are also available in UrbanCode Velocity.
To create a pipeline, complete the following steps:
- On the UrbanCode Velocity main menu, click Pipelines.
- On the Pipelines page, click Create pipeline.
- On the Crate a Pipeline window, in the Name field, enter a name for the pipeline.
- In the Team list, select a team to manage the pipeline. Only teams to which the current user belongs are available.
- Clear the Add default environments box if you do not want to use the default environments, or stages. The default stages are DEV, QA, and PROD and can be used to logically model the stages of typical software development lifecycle. Each stage has an release associated with it automatically. You can add stages to a pipeline at any time.
- Click Save. The pipeline is created and the Pipeline detail page is displayed. You can see the releases associated with each stage on the Releases page. The new release names have the following format,
Parent topic: Pipelines