Implementing custom metrics#
In this tutorial, you create a custom metric definition and use it to provide data to UrbanCode™Velocity.
In this tutorial, you learn how to complete these tasks:
- Create a metric definition.
- Create custom metric records.
- Load the metric definition and custom records into UrbanCodeVelocity using the curl utility.
- Create a dashboard that contains a chart based on the metric definition.
Load our custom data into the chart.
In this tutorial, you create a custom metric definition and use it to provide data to UrbanCodeVelocity.
- Configure the tutorial system
Prepare your system so that you can complete the tutorial.
- Lesson 1 Defining a custom metric
Create a metric definition that you will upload to UrbanCodeVelocity.
- Lesson 2 Uploading the metric definition
Upload the metric definition that you created in the previous lesson.
- Lesson 3 Creating a metric record
Create a metric data record and upload it to UrbanCodeVelocity.
- Lesson 4 Adding charts to dashboards
Add your custom chart to the UrbanCodeVelocity dashboard.
In this tutorial, you learned how to load custom metric data into UrbanCodeVelocity.
Parent topic: Learning UrbanCode Velocity