In this tutorial, we create a value stream and customize it by integrating work items from the frequently-used tools Jira and Git into it.
The value stream that you create in this tutorial introduces you to some of the most-used product features. The tutorial value stream integrates the popular tools Jira and Git, and demonstrates how to incorporate data from those products into your value stream. The link rules that you define enable you access Git and Jira items from within UrbanCode™ Velocity.
In this tutorial, you learn how to complete these tasks:
- Create a value stream.
- Customize a value stream by modifying its associated JSON file.
- Integrate external tools into a value stream.
- Link integrated tools by defining linking rules.
- Use DevOps Query Language queries to manage the items that appear in a value stream.
Time required:2 hours
This tutorial takes approximately 2 hours to finish. If you explore other concepts that are related to this tutorial, it might take longer to complete.
To run this tutorial, you must have installed the UrbanCode Velocity application, version 1.2.6 or later
To complete this tutorial, you need:
- A user ID with a role that enables you to create value steams and configure plug-in integrations.
- A Git user ID with access to a Git repository and permission to push changes and make pull requests.
- A Git personal access token.
- A Jira ID that allows you to create and modify Jira issues. Experience with Jira workflows is useful but not required.