Extending product functions#
Learn how to extend the function of UrbanCode™ Velocity
UrbanCode Velocity is designed to be easily extended. You can enhance existing functions or add entirely new ones by configuring plug-in integrations. Plug-ins are software add-ons that extend UrbanCode Velocity functionality by integrating with external tools. In general, each plug-in manages one external application. The UrbanCode Deploy plug-in, for example, enables you to run UrbanCode Deploy applications.
UrbanCode Velocity supports several plug-in types:
- Value stream plug-ins are supported by default. To create an integration with these plug-ins, you simply configure an integration in the value stream JSON file.
- Quality data plug-ins integrate test and metrics data into reports and value streams. To create an integration with these plug-ins, you use external clients to post data to UrbanCode Velocity API endpoints.
- Dedicated plug-ins provide external data to value streams, pipelines, and releases. Plug-ins of this type include: UrbanCode Deploy, and Jenkins. Use the Integrations page to configure integrations for these plug-ins.
Task-based integrations provide external data to deployment plans. Use ServiceNow tasks to manage ServiceNow change requests.
Extend UrbanCode Velocity by configuring plug-in integrations to external tools.
- Creating plug-in integrations
Work with external tools by defining integrations.
- Managing integrations
Edit and update existing configurations.
- Managing native integrations
Native integrations add external functionality to releases, deployment plans, and pipelines.
- Uploading custom data to the API
Upload metrics data by using an external client to access API endpoints.