Creating and deploying snapshots#
In this tutorial, you deploy a simple web application to a new environment with HCL™ Launch. You create a snapshot of the components in an application, and then deploy the snapshot to an environment.
In this tutorial, you learn how to complete these tasks:
- Create a snapshot of an environment's components to quickly deploy its application to another environment.
- Configure environments on which to deploy applications.
- Select a snapshot while you run an application process to promote the snapshots to a new environment.
Approximately 1 hour
Note: You must complete Deploying a simple web application before you begin this tutorial.
In this tutorial, you deploy a simple web application to a new environment with HCL Launch. You create a snapshot of the components in an application, and then deploy the snapshot to an environment.
- Configuring the server and target system
Modify the HCL Launch server that you used in the previous tutorial. Create another agent resource and incorporate a new environment property to allow for easy reuse.
- Lesson 1: Adding snapshots
Creating a snapshot involves saving a collection of component versions that are part of an application.
- Lesson 2: Creating an environment
Environments are deployment targets for the application components that you specify. You create another environment in the application's delivery pipeline to facilitate multiple active applications. You apply an agent resource and specify which components the agent resource deploys.
- Lesson 3: Deploying the snapshots
To promote the snapshot to an environment, apply the snapshot when you run the application process.
In this tutorial, you created and deployed a snapshot to an environment in HCL Launch.
Parent topic: Tutorials