Create a simple helloWorld deployment#
In this tutorial, you create a simple application with HCL™ Launch. You use standard plug-ins to create a component and define an application that deploys the component to an environment.
In this tutorial, you learn how to complete these tasks:
- Create a component and add a user-defined property to it.
- Import artifacts to create a component version.
- Create a component process.
- Create an application and application process.
- Configure an environment with resources and apply a user-defined tag to it.
- Run the application process to deploy the component.
Time required:1 hour
In this tutorial, you create a simple application with HCL Launch. You use standard plug-ins to create a component and define an application that deploys the component to an environment.
- Configure the helloWorld tutorial system
To deploy the tutorial component, or any component, you must have an agent. An agent is a lightweight process that runs on a target computer and does the actual work of deploying components.
- Lesson 1 Create the helloWorld component
Components contain artifacts and processes. Artifacts include runnable files, images, databases, configuration instructions, and anything else that is associated with a software project. Processes define the activities that components can perform.
- Lesson 2 Create a component process
Component processes are user-defined tasks that operate on components.
- Lesson 3 Create an application
Applications manage components, typically by deploying them into environments.
- Lesson 4 Configure an application environment
When you create an environment, you map resources to it that define where the parent application can run deployments.
- Lesson 5 Create an application process
Application processes direct underlying component processes and orchestrate multi-component deployments.
- Lesson 6 Deploy the component
To deploy the component, run the application process on an environment.
In this tutorial, you learned how to deploy a component with HCL Launch.
Parent topic: Tutorials