Deploying a simple web application#
In this tutorial, you deploy a simple web application with HCL™ Launch. You create components, create an application that contains those components, and then deploy the components to an environment.
In this tutorial, you learn how to complete these tasks:
- Import artifacts from a build to create a component in HCL Launch.
- Create component processes and application processes to automate deployment tasks.
- Configure environments on which to deploy applications.
- Run application processes to deploy the application components.
- Update an application with new artifacts.
In this tutorial, you deploy a simple web application with HCL Launch. You create components, create an application that contains those components, and then deploy the components to an environment.
- Configuring the agent and target system
To deploy applications with HCL Launch, you need one or more agents. The server uses the agents to deploy the application components on target systems.
- Lesson 1: Adding components
Components are groups of deployable artifacts that make up an application. Components include runnable files, images, databases, and configuration instructions.
- Lesson 2: Creating component processes
Component processes describe automated tasks that run on components. Component processes can deploy, install, uninstall, update, or run other tasks on a component.
- Lesson 3: Creating an application and an environment
Applications are collections of components. Environments represent systems on which you deploy the application components.
- Lesson 4: Creating an application process
Application processes tie together component processes.
- Lesson 5: Deploying the application components
To deploy the components in the application, run the application process on the new environment.
- Lesson 6: Updating the application
In the first lesson, you deleted certain versions of the components. In this lesson, you add those versions again to simulate deploying a new version of the components.
In this tutorial, you learned to deploy and update an application with HCL Launch.
Parent topic: Tutorials