Modifying the resource tree#
You can create, delete, and modify the contents of the resource tree.
- Creating groups
Resource groups organize resources into logical groupings.
- Creating agent-type and agent pool-type resources
Agent-type and agent pool-type resources represent the computers where components are deployed.
- Creating component-type resources
Component-type resources represent the components that are deployed to target environments.
- Adding agents to resource groups
You can find agents that are not associated with a resource and add them to a resource group.
- Moving and copying resources
The tree structure of the Resources page enables resources to be moved by dragging and dropping them into place.
- Deleting resources
Resources can be deleted by using the Delete action on the Resources page.
- Comparing and synchronizing resources
You can compare the contents of a resource group to another group or a resource template and then apply changes to the group or template.
- Synchronizing resources from a template
You can add the contents of a resource template to the top-level resource group.
- Adding resources from a template
You can add the structure from a resource template to a new group within an existing resource group.
Parent topic: Resources