Configuring images for use with the blueprint designer#
You must configure images to work with the blueprint designer.
Requirements for all cloud systems#
To use images with the blueprint designer, you must do the following with each image:
- Ensure that Linux™ images have the tar and curl programs installed.
- Ensure that Windows™ Server 2008 images have version 2.0 or higher of the PowerShell program installed.
- To apply Chef roles to images, configure the images as described in Creating Chef-compatible images.
Configure the images for the target cloud:
- To use an image on OpenStack, see Configuring OpenStack images.
- To use an image on Amazon AWS, register it with the cloud discovery service. See Registering Amazon EC2 images with the cloud discovery service.
- To use an image on the SoftLayer® cloud, configure it as described in Configuring private SoftLayer images.
- To use an image on VMware vCenter, see Configuring VMware vCenter images.
- To use an image on Microsoft™ Azure, register it with the cloud discovery service. See Registering Azure marketplace images with the cloud discovery service. To create and use custom images on Microsoft Azure, see Registering Azure custom images with the cloud discovery service.
- To use a custom image on Google Cloud Platform, configure it as described in Configuring Google Cloud Platform images.
Note: Configuration for some cloud and image type combinations must be completed in the blueprint. See Modeling environments for clouds through OpenStack Heat.